Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Did you not see?

Did you not see the green green grass
or the big white clouds that came to pass
Did you not see the tall brown trees
or the honeycombs and the buzzing bees

Perhaps you did not see the sparkling stars
or this cleverly crafted body of ours
Or maybe you missed the beautiful moon
Not to worry, the sun will be here soon

Then you will see my dear friend
to me your ear you must lend

Did you not see the vastness of the sky 
no mighty pillars keeping it up so high
its a different painting up there everyday
my Beloved changes it in his own way, anyways 

I'm talking about the marvelous wonder of the sunset
you must've missed that too I bet
don't let me get you worried
here comes a fragrant flower from a seed that was just buried

Poor fellow! I see you have eyes but still you are blind
Because His greatness you could not see neither from your heart nor your mind

My Beloved is not seen
However He is seen in every scene

-Bilal Memon

No comments:

Post a Comment