Wednesday, May 23, 2012

A Trial, A Tribulation

I stood there frightened, panic-stricken, and demoralized

The court room was cold; and my thoughts couldn’t be synthesized

Trying to recall the crime I’ve committed but nothing comes to mind

I looked deep into my heart too; but I swear there’s nothing I could find

The Judge names my sin; it is murder I have committed

I begin to doubt myself, as my self-respect is omitted

Explaining that I have killed many of his people, many of his friends

I stood there, vulnerable as ever, as he tied in the loose ends

“Punishment for life” he proclaimed.

I stood there in front of him; dumb, silent and maimed.

Years have passed now, and I haven’t made bail

My own brothers deserted me, denounced the peace; left me imprisoned in this jail

But here they don’t know I have time to think, and it makes me smarter

But here they don’t know I eat well, and this test makes me stronger

Here I got to catch up with an old friend, Al-Islam, who has always been kind

We have gotten to know each other well, all these years together confined

He too was falsely condemned, though he never did wrong

Too many wanted him gone, erased, but his message is today still strong

My brother, my sister; someone, somewhere will be judged too

Just stay strong my siblings, you will one day pull through

Because after hardship will always come ease

I hope and pray that this struggle will one day soon cease

But sometimes I get angry and wish to fight back

Incriminate them for my Identity Theft, and get my life back on track

But I learned: my prophet wouldn’t react; for he would respond

That we are people of peace and should cherish every type of human bond

It is sad, but I know that true justice may be too much to ask of today’s laws

We will one day face Al Hakm, the true judge of mankind, and we will each face our flaws

At times it is not the problem that matters, but the angle from which you choose to see

God tests those that he loves; I hope that God loves me

AUS


No comments:

Post a Comment